Check in here for updates on all the latest Jackrabbit notices and activities.
Parents, coaches, jackrabbits, as of yesterday, Friday February 23rd, the trails were glassy icy, set tracks were washed out, and snow conditions non-groomable due to hazards for equipment and risk of injury to grooming volunteers. As it remained below freezing overnight and into the morning, and there has been no significant new snow, conditions have not improved and we must cancel today’s lesson.
- Welcome back!
- I was thrilled to see so many jackrabbits and bunny rabbits at the Silver Spoon! We have left over peanut-free Mars Bars for anyone who didn’t get one at the Silver Spoon.
- A quick reminder, if you haven’t already removed the Klister, make sure you do so tonight so you don’t have to worry about it tomorrow!
- Current forecast says actual temperature will be -10C, with a wind that can make it feel like -14C. Make sure your child is dressed in layers, with face covered, warm hat, warm mittens, and extra mittens in your pack.
- Make sure your kids are well fed, hydrated, and have gone to the bathroom before coming to jackrabbits.
- Again, warm socks, synthetic or wool, no cotton!
- No nuts of any kind due to the prevalence of serious allergies.
- Bunnyrabbit coaches have had a bit of bad luck. I’m still recovering, though my range of motion has vastly improved. Nitaya fell on the ice Thursday and cut and possibly sprained her thumb. so we’re quite the team… We’re planning on staying a bit closer to the Chalet. We can play some games that will help with side-stepping, star-turns, and ready stance. We’ll see how everyone’s doing. We’ll want to stay in the windbreak of the trees.
- Coaches, several students and parents are away at Cubs Scouts’ Winter Camp this weekend. This includes Raymi, Kit, Xavier, Kai, and my husband, Ted.
- Paul Chiasson, my brother-in-law, will be in or near the Chalet for any first-aid assistance.
- Jen Bergevin will be serving Hot Drinks.
- There’s a chance others will miss jackrabbits if they’re going to any Winter Carnival activities in the same time-slot.
- Please let coaches know if your child will be away tomorrow!
- Looks like we’re expecting some fresh snow too!! Woo-hoo!!!
- and in case you missed Steve’s email, Level 4s will be skate skiing, good to have skate-ski length poles, but don’t worry if you don’t have them, they’ll begin without any poles.
- If you have any questions please call me!
- My home number is 613 584 4255
- My cell is 613 602-5881
- I feel like I’ve forgotten to mention something…
- See everyone tomorrow at 1:30 pm!
- Kathryn Chiasson
While we do have to cancel lessons again, due to the recent heavy rains, flash freeze, and tomorrow’s forecast of -19C with windchill -33C for the “high”, I’d like to float the idea of a Meet & Greet inside the chalet .